Need a quick and healthy dinner but only have five minutes to pull something together? Use up some standard pantry items and leftover vegetables in the fridge to make this no-fuss salad that’s full of fibre and protein. If you don’t have chickpeas on hand, cannellini or other beans work well. Serve on its own or with crusty bread or wholemeal wraps.
You will need
- 1 red capsicum roughly chopped
- 1 cucumber chopped into cubes
- 200g cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 handfuls of spinach or rocket
- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 250g tinned tuna in olive oil, drained
- 100g goats feta crumbled
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
What you do
Toss all the ingredients together with the dressing.