Chilli Sin Carne is the star of these vegetarian burritos. Plonk a bowl of it on a board alongside an array of tasting fillings like tomato, lettuce, avocado, corn, grated carrot, and cheese then wrap it up in the best quality wraps you can find (we like the corn ones).
Freezes well and leftovers can be served on top of rice with a dollop of yoghurt and sprinkling of coriander.
You will need
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (add fresh chilli in too if on hand)
- 2 capsicums – green and red – seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
What you do
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and tomato paste, and cook, stirring, for a further one minute. Add the fresh and dried chillies, capsicum, spices and thyme, and stir to combine.
Add the tomatoes and one cup (250ml) water, then season and bring to a simmer. Add the Worcestershire sauce if using, beans and lentils, and cook for 8-10 minutes until slightly reduced.
Freeze leftovers and serve with rice and a dollop of plain yoghurt and a sprinkle of coriander.