No need to grab that unhealthy muffin or banana bread from the cafe because you were pushed for time getting out the door for work, school drop-off, gym, swimming lessons, etc. Just throw this little jar of goodness in your bag with a spoon and you’re set.
It only takes a couple of minutes to prepare the night before and you can make a few of them in advance for those busy weeks. We use an untoasted fruit free muesli full of oats, nuts and seeds (Sunsol brand) but any muesli will do.
This life-saving takeaway breakfast is nicely portion controlled, full of fibre, slow-burning carbohydrate, protein, and calcium, and will also keep you full for the morning.
You will need
- A clean empty jam jar with lid (we use Bon Maman)
- Your favourite homemade or shop bought muesli
- Reduced fat cows milk or milk alternative
- Low-fat natural Greek yoghurt, unsweetened (we use Chobani)
- Frozen raspberries or other fruit of your choice (passionfruit would be nice!)
What you do
Fill a third of the jar with muesli and just cover with milk. Fill the next third of the jar with yoghurt and top with frozen berries. Screw the lid on and leave overnight. Eat at your desk, on the train, in the car, at the beach…
Tell us, lovely readers… what is your favourite healthy breakfast for on-the-go?